Thursday, September 8, 2011

cleft lip repair

 Our handsome Preston boy
was scheduled for his cleft repair/rhinoplasty.

 Shriner's in Portland was the place we chose.
On the hill overlooking Portland
and the Willamette River
on this beautiful day in September.

 We arrived in PACU at 6 am.
Preston was re-checked and given a cute
little gown.
He was interested in the crib
and loved the "call" buttons!

 Off he goes into the operating room.
I snapped this picture,
just before the tears started (for me--not him)
All the Drs. & nurses kept commenting on
his happy disposition.
Even happily being carried by the Dr.

 The surgery lasted about 2 hours.
We were called down to recovery as he was waking.

 He calmed to the sound of our voices.
When I offered, he began to nurse.


We have spent the rest of the day snuggling & rocking,
keeping him comfy and calm.

We are so thankful for the many prayers and support.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So glad everything went well. I hope he has a swift recovery, and what a blessing to be able to nurse him right after.

Ben and Carrie said...

He makes one gorgeous little patient. So glad everything went well and that it's over! He really is the best baby- I'm not surprised that he was the best baby patient there. What a sweetie. Give him a love and snuggle from me. Hope recovery goes well and he can keep the pain under control. Not surprised that he's still a beautiful boy- no surgery can ever change that!

Amanda said...

I'm glad surgery went well and his lip looks great. Wishing you all a quick and speedy recovery.