Wednesday, February 8, 2012

celebrating

a year of Preston
 12 hours


two days

two weeks





two months

four months


five months


 6 months


 7 months


two days post-op





12 months


This first year with Preston has been a big one.  We had blissful newborn months, followed by an "almost surgery" in June.  June then brought anti-biotics, which in turn brought thrush (my 1st experience).  July and August delivered summer fun and such a happy baby on the hip.  He loved his "aden & anais" swaddlers and floating in the pool.  He learned to sit and grow teeth.  September came with school routines, and a surgery for Preston Pie.  He fared like a champ.  October found him bouncing in his johnny jump up and a lot of lip massage.  By November he was a "scoocher".  Slithering slowly around on his tummy.  In December, he learned to crawl, for reals, and sleep, thru the night.  January brought a cruiser, pulling up to furniture and wanting to keep up with the "bigs".

Even though the fourth, he has taught us a lot.  Just when we thought we new what to expect with a baby, we learned somethings a new.  We learned about clefts.  We learned more about unconditional love.  I didn't know what to think about a cleft before, but I do now.  I know that a clefty is adorable and perfect.  I found out that I didn't even want to fix it, but we did, for him. I finally have a green eyed partner, and dark hair, who knew? We found out that  a fourth fits right into the busy-ness of family life.  I cuddle him as much as I can because now I know how fast this goes....

Happy first year my beautiful boy!



5 comments:

PRP said...

He's delicious. Happy year one!

Amanda said...

I cant believe its been a year already! I bet you are glad you took so many pics of his adorable cleft. years from now you will hardly remember it! we also love the aden swaddling blankets. I am pretty sure i kept them in business single handedly this year.

Ben and Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful baby boy! I can still call him a baby, right? He's the baby of all the Andros grandkids, and a sweet one at that. Love all of his pictures. I miss his sweet little cleft. Just as adorable without it, though. Not fair to be that darn cute. Hugs and kisses to the baby of ALL of our families! :)

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Happy Birthday sweet little boy! I cannot believe that it has been a year. Wow. He is practically perfect in every way as far as I can tell!

Melissa C said...

It doesn't seem possible that he's already one year old! Congrats to the both of you. He's so precious!