Thursday, January 8, 2009

Show and Tell

It's been windy here lately, really windy. The kind of windy that blows trampolines over the fence and toys into the neighbors yard and as it is the case at our house, broke the gate to our fence.

Dear Hubby temporarily rigged up a system that he thought would hold until the weather clears and he can work on it. He called this morning and told me it hadn't.

Well, what dog can resist the call of the wild? Not ours. He escaped through the broken fence during the night.

My kind neighbor called shortly after Dear Hubby had called and said, "Sherman is in your driveway!" Thanks neighbor. Unfortunately by the time I got shoes on, he was on the roam again...

In a rush to get Stella to preschool (as we always are) I had to load the van and go.

On the way, Stella moaned "Oh NO, I forgot my show and tell, but it's o.k. because I have something I can just tell."

I am wondering at this point, what treasure she might tell. Perhaps that I couldn't find my keys (again) or maybe that breakfast was a granola bar in the car...

She pipes up again and says, " I can tell the terrible news that the wind broke our fence and our dog is lost."

Thank you Sherman. Despite fact that you ran away, which wasn't good, you at least gave Stella something to share at school. (which I was told she shared quite dramatically, as the "worst show and tell EVER")

I am happy to report that we located Sherman a few blocks down and brought him safely home.

6 comments:

the landreths said...

I thought our wind has been bad. Not so. Glad you found Sherman!

I love your christmas pictures post. You remind me so much of my sister Jenny. And i loved your Christmas card, too. Thanks for sending us one!

Matty said...

Wow! You have to love Show and tell. Happy belated birthday. I hope it was a good one.

Sara said...

You can always count on a dog to make a day a little brighter or a little more crazy.

Lisa Christine said...

Whew....glad Sherman made it
home. :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Megan, can you please e-mail me your address? In return I will ship you a little surprise.

lomaril(at)aol(dot)com

Thanks.

Amy said...

So funny! Glad you found your dog! I didn't even know you had one!