Friday, May 29, 2009

a graduate

Stella officially finished pre-school yesterday.
We had festivities at the park.
Stella holding her diploma.
A full view of her certificate. She was so excited!

Most of her little class. They performed a cute song for the parents in their caps.
Stella will miss her friends this summer. She has had such a great experience with preschool.
We are thankful for all of the mommies who worked to make it a great year.
Stella is eagerly awaiting her next adventure--kindergarten.
I am not so sure of my feelings on the matter. It feels like I am opening a big crack in my little nest. The little nest where all of my babies are close at hand and I am able to see and know what they are doing and who they are with. I know Stella is strong and will do well but I will still miss her while she is away from our nest....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. Kindergarten is like the first real step to growing up. The first day is always very bittersweet for me. I got back in the car and cried with both Lahna and Anna and then anxiously watched the clock for the next 3 1/2 hrs.

Rachael said...

Stella looks so cute with that graduation cap and certificate! She's growing into such a beautiful young lady!

Van said...

We are so excited for Stella. We love her!!!!!and you, too!!!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Kindergarten is so much fun. Just prepare now Megan, it's tough that first day. I cry every time.

So where are we meeting this week? Ha!

Ben and Carrie said...

Way to go Stella! But wow.... I can't believe she starts "real" school next year. What happened to our little toddlers? She will have so much fun in kindergarten, but what a big step for you! You'll have to let me know how it is, letting the first one go. I have one year to prepare! Some days I wish it were this year that Chloe went, but then I can't help but think that this is our last year together and once school starts, I will only see her less and less. Enjoy your summer with her.