Thursday, November 12, 2009

advice


Our mornings have a rhythm, or a routine if you will.
I get up and dress in my work out clothes, assuming that if I am in the clothes, I will exercise.
I take my Synthroid in the morning and can't eat for a while.
So, we usually head downstairs and the kids play while I exercise.
After the exercise, we make breakfast and eat.
Eventually, we all get dressed.
This morning Sam had an overflow problem with his Pull-Up.
I quickly dressed in work out clothes and then broke routine by running him into his room to get dressed.
As I squatted on the floor next to him, helping him put his feet into the pant legs, he looked at my funny.
"Mom, did you have a showie yet?" he said.
"Nope, not yet, I need to exercise." I replied.
"Well, you need one, cuz you don't smell good!" he answered.
I remember once, my mom saying that she would have thought she was absolutely normal, if she didn't have kids who told her otherwise.
I now know what she meant.
And I don't even have teenagers yet...

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh, if only that were the most awful thing I've heard from my kiddos about myself, because I've heard that one before. Also, my breath stinks or why do I have stripes on my legs and hips and more... Gotta love kids' honesty, right? :-)

Ben and Carrie said...

Chloe once told me I had orange teeth..... awesome. I guess it's just good that you were stinky BEFORE your shower, instead of after.