Saturday, December 5, 2009

Giving Thanks

This year we had a whole week to be thankful and to spend time with family.
K.C. was "on-call" at work for the Thanksgiving holiday,
which meant we needed to be in town, close to the hospital.
We had the great fortune of being able to spend the weekend before in Oregon with Grandparents Williams.
What's better than Thanksgiving dinner?
TWO dinners, that's what.
On Sunday we had a dinner with some of our Williams family.
The kids enjoyed time playing and cuddling with cousins Rachel and Allison.
Stella was convinced right up until we left that cousin Olivia
just might surprise us and show up too!

We always love special time with Grandma and Grandpa Williams.
Evelyn was quick to snag a prime spot on Grandpa's lap.
(I think he has a soft spot for those blue eyed blondes)
One of the highlights of the week was having Aunt Kelley there to spoil the kids with fun.
We returned home Monday night.

On Thanksgiving day, we went over to Nana and Papa's house.
Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents all in one place.
Aunt Bethany came home to see us.
Stella was glued to her side the rest of the weekend.

Nana & Papa.

Somehow, I didn't manage to get a picture of all three kids together.
Here are my sweet girls.
I am thankful that Stella is such a good sister.
I am thankful Sam has a tender heart.
I am thankful that Evelyn has a happy disposition.
I am thankful for K.C.'s quick laughter.

By the end of the night, we were all happy and tired.
Our bellies full of yummy food, our hearts full of good times.
We rested well that night,
thankful for all that the Lord has given us,
most especially,
our family.








1 comment:

the landreths said...

It was fun to catch up on your blog, Megan! You remind me so much of my sister Jenny. Your kids are adorable. I'm glad you guys had a great THanksgiving.