Thursday, March 18, 2010

birthday girl

Dear Stella,
Today marks six years since I first held you in my arms.
I remember the moment, the intensity, the pushing and then you were there.
In my arms with big, alert eyes.
Memorizing each other,
knowing we would forever be mother and daughter.
"Born with the dawn," your daddy said with awe.
I was surprised, laboring in my own world,
I was unaware that we had passed an entire night.
You came with the sunshine on a March morning.
You are sunshine still.
A bright, shining example to your siblings.
Of happiness and laughter and helpfulness.
Leader of the children, the oldest.
Brave and strong, being the first on many paths.
We are pleased with you.
We feel blessed that you are ours.
I felt the day that you were born like I had earned a great reward.
I still do.
-mama


4 comments:

Sara said...

Megan,
She is so grown up. I can't believe how much she looks like you. What a beautiful birthday tribute.

TaylorClan said...

happy, happy birthday stella, dear! she is so grown up in those pictures...

Shayla said...

I didn't realize Natalie and Stella are so close in age. Natalie's birthday is next week. We need to get those two together!

NDA said...

she looks old. Odly she looks like you and KC.