Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stella la Elegante

Stella is finishing her last week of Kindergarten.
She is in a two way dual language program.
Basically, all of her academics are being taught in Spanish.
It has been a challenging and rewarding year for her.
Amongst her many new skills, which she will perform on demand,
is the ability to count to cien (100) in Spanish.
One of the highlights of her year has been her teacher.
And the Nancy la Elegante books.
In other words, Fancy Nancy books.
This week her teacher had a
Nancy la Elegante party.
It involved fancy clothes.
Fancy hair.
Even a little lipstick and sparkly shoes.


Off she goes, as elegante as possible.


I was able to go and help for the party
and capture this photo.
Stella and her elegante teacher, Sra. H.
It was a delightful day!
Ending in a delightful way,
Daddy took the training wheels off Stella's
big bike and within an hour
she was off and riding.
Guess who could hardly sleep last night, due to the greatness of the day?

1 comment:

bethany said...

Now that is one elegante 6 yr. old!! I'm excited for Stella to be able to teach me spanish soon. I'm also super excited to be able to go on a bike ride with her next time I'm home. Love ya'll
bethany