This morning was going along quite nicely until about 8:50, when it was time to head out the door for pre-school. I grabbed my purse and coat and then reached for the keys--only to find NONE!
I searched all the usual spots but to no avail. Thinking that perhaps one of the shorter people in our house had "helped" me to lose the keys, I sent them on a search too.
Still, NO KEYS! At this point, we are late and I am frazzled and sweaty from my exertions (and wondering why we have so darn much junk in our house and vowing to begin my de-junking tonight).
I said to Stella, "Sweetie, without keys we CAN'T get to school."
She replied, "It's o.k. Mom, just use Dad's keys."
This says 2 things about us; 1)this obviously isn't the 1st time this has happened, 2)Dad can fix ANYTHING in her eyes!
I then said,"That would work except Dad has his keys at work."
To which she replied, "Well then, just call my Nana and Papa and they will come and get me!"
The moral to this story: grandparents are the BEST!, and (like KC says)always put your keys back in the same spot!
p.s. we did make it to pre-school using a spare key and the said keys were later located in THE VAN!
4 comments:
Stella is right, Nana and Papa would have come to take her to school. She knows how to get things done!
stella, oh stella! this girl is as sharp as they come -- a future in debate and law...i'm pretty sure she can win any argument :) -- hmmmmm....i wonder where she gets this talent from?
Keys: yep, I had to borrow my neighbor Jan's car the other morning to get kids to school on time because my keys were missing. I love the simple explanation and solution that Stella offered.
Cute story. I think that we all have had these "Key" moments in our lives. Its amazing though how we seem to get where we need to go thru solutions like Stellas.
Jan/the lady that had the car for Deb. HEHE>
Post a Comment