I haven't written in a while because I haven't a thing to say. . .I guess I've been feeling kind of blah. But, in all of my blah-ness, I have realized that I have much to be thankful for. Here's my top five today
1.) Two healthy, happy kids. They play together and fight together and make me laugh.
2.)One great, amazing husband. He knows when I am blah, and he picks up the slack, and the dishes, and the toys and the kids and (well, you get the idea) I LOVE him.
3.) The idea or hope, that spring is here and summer is soon to follow. I'm looking forward to flip-flops and swimming and long, warm summer evenings.
4.) My dinner group, which saves me from having to cook EVERY night, I only have to cover a couple days a week.
5.) My parents, who live close, give sympathy, make me laugh, love my kids and have more patience with them than I do. Plus, my mom is the BEST listener and shopper and we do plenty of both.
**and a side note, I am very excited that my brother and sis.in law will be here this weekend. what a fun distraction and pick me up.
This list alone has cheered me up, I have plenty to be glad about. I will also be glad if sometime today, I get all the laundry on my couch folded--whoo, hooo!
5 comments:
That would be an accomplishment, laundry is always piling up here!! Your weekend will bring you a breath of fresh air!
Writing it down does make it seem better. Way to go Megan. Have fun with the family. And the sun is shining today. Yeah.
lOVE your list Megan. I agree that your parents are awesome. A list of blessings is sometimes all we need to pull us up a little. Have fun with family this weekend.
I know the feeling of the blah's. I hope you enjoy the nice weather. It is so nice to remember what we have to be grateful for.
You can always be grateful that I didn't send you my children yesterday. I was looking for a nice family to send my toilet-bowl-playing-gallon-of-
lemonade-on-carpet-spilling-grape-
mushing-on-shoes little boys.
But, I kept 'em and today was a much better day. Now if I could only get to my bed for the laundry on it. :)
I loved your list and your idea of summer. I'm still hoping for spring. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment