Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In the End

Let's face it, some days are more challenging than others.


After three days of the stomach flu at our house, I thought today was finally a day to catch up. Tackle the large mountain of laundry on my couch, spilling down to the floor and surrounding in stacks (more in the launry room too).


I figured the kids had a busy morning and would nap very well. I could accomplish a few things around the house and maybe squeeze in some beloved moments of shut eye.


NOT TO BE!


No one napped, not one wink, especially not me. . .


Laundry was folded only to be thrown on the floor again by a tiny tot.


Nerves were frayed. Tempers were rising. And then. . .



DAD CAME HOME


Our hansome prince on a white stallion (or little foreign car) came riding into our day again. He rescued the mommy and played with the wee ones. Projects were finished and tears were dried(kids or mine?) All was well again. Not the easiest day. . .


But at the end of the day, I am glad, that we are a


Forever Family


And THAT is the most IMPORTANT thing









10 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Megan.....I can relate to days like that. Whenever I have an aganda it never goes the way I want, so, I have vowed to NOT HAVE AN AGENDA ANYMORE... Kids pretty much rule the roost don't they, but I am thankful for that, because there will come a day which our kids will be grown and we mommies will be the old roosters. Please don't hesitate to call me when you have a rough day and just need a break - even to walk around the block. I would love to be there if you need me.

Marilyn said...

Hi Megan, thanks for de-lurking and entering the giveaway. "Meeting" new people is one of the funnest parts of blogging, so thanks!

Shayla said...

Yay for good hubbies who rescue the day! I know I wouldn't be able to get through those days without mine, and there are a lot of those days around here. :-)

TaylorClan said...

It is so true! Some days William and I just wait for Dave to walk through the door-and I only have one, and I'm not pregnant. The only consolation is that some days are quite pleasant-right!?

Debie Spurgeon said...

The foreign car thing made me laugh. Thank goodness for our hubbies. This is the second post I've read about being grateful for our husbands. Thanks so much for the reminder today, I'm going make sure Brent knows what a "stallion" he is to me :)

Sara said...

Oh, I love this post. So cute how dads seem to make everything better when the moms are out of all patience and energy. I love the part about riding up in a foreign car cute touch.

Camille said...

Seriously! What would we do without Daddy's! Today is one of those days for me too. I was supposed to go to the temple this moring and had babysitting all lined up for the non-school goers, when my oldest came in crying and sick. Strep Throat. Darn it. No temple for me today.

Jan said...

Love these pictures of you and you family. I love that you consider your husband the man that rescues the mom. We all need one of those. You are so much fun. I love reading your blog and your comments very much. Take Care and take a break from laundry. Clothes are so overrated. ;)

Kate said...

awww, what a nice post :) I am glad your day straightened out to be a nice one in the end. Let me know if you need anything or if you want to get the kids out of your hair to just take a nap or fold some laundry. You know where my number is :)

Marilyn said...

Megan, I ran into your mom the other day in town and she told me that you were her daughter, and then it made sense why you looked so familiar to me.

I'm going to go say hi to Meredith next!