
This is a photo of my the FIRST class that I ever taught.
It was ten years ago this week that I completed my first year of teaching. I felt that I had moved the earth (just a little) because it felt like such a big accomplishment.
I was 22 years old and so full of ideals and goals and dreams for my career. I started that year thinking I would change lives and about half way through, I was wondering if I could change mine and perhaps take a different direction. . .The challenge of teaching and being responsible for a classroom of students and their education was a little overwhelming.
Now, here's the milestone. This sweet little class is GRADUATING from HIGH SCHOOL this week.
I know, you're thinking (gasp) she can't be that old! Is she really? How does time fly?
I am that old, they are graduating (and so is my baby brother this year) and time does fly. I hope that these students have gone far in their education and even more, I hope that they have learned that this is just the beginning of their education.
My wish is that I had a little part in building a foundation for a LOVE of LEARNING in these kids and all the kids I taught over the years. I hope that they go on to pursue the things that they love and accomplish great things and that they will ALWAYS be learning. And maybe, just maybe, some of them will go on to teach others. . .
Here is one of the few photos that I could dig up, of me with the class.
Thanks for a great initiation into teaching and congratulations kids!
10 comments:
Your really not that old? What?
That is a milestone Megan. I am so happy that you have such great memories attached to that time in your young life. I love this story.
Wow, small class size. Weird to think that those small people grow up and get lives of their own!
Congrats, to teaching and touching so many lives with your gift.
That's really cool Megan. Boy news like that really would make you feel a little like a WOW moment.
I bet they still remember your name and the wonderful things you did for them.
I swear it was just the other day when you were teaching that first class! I want to know why time goes by exponentially faster with every year I age. Teacher, can you tell me?
The kids that I taught are now 14 and that freaks me out! Where does the time go?
Congrats on such an accomplishment. I bet more than a few of them are thinking of you this week...
Wow, I don't know about you, but whenever I see high school graduates now they seem so young and I feel so old! I'm sure you made an impression on them in some way.
very sweet. how does this happen so quickly? we will be saying this about our little ones too soon. i am absolutely positive that you made a huge impression on these little minds. my favorite teacher ever was a lovely second grade teacher who gave me the confidence to share what i knew with her and my peers...i'll never forget her!
Totally off topic, but can you post your bread recipe on the food site! I would love to have it!
OH MY GOSH, I can't believe they're graduating!!! It's weird how I get older (and older and older) but I still act like i'm 12! My body looks like an old grandma, and somedays I feel like an old grandma, but I'll always think I'm 13 and a Beehive. :)
Post a Comment