Yesterday
afternoon as I sat feeding Evelyn, Stella and Sam were running wildly around the house (as they are prone to do when I am occupied). As Stella ran by I noticed a big chunk of short hair right by her face. "What happened to your HAIR?" I said in shock. She quickly covered it up and said, "nothing." I begin to
inspecting and then I asked, "Did you CUT your hair?" She looked at me with shock, as though I might be a
genius for having figured this out.

Here she is with her chunk of short hair.
She finally admitted her actions and I asked where she did it. In the guest room of course, where I had been wrapping presents and left some scissors out (yes, I take some responsibility as well).

When she took me up to show me the scene of the crime, this is what we saw....
So much for growing her hair long!
10 comments:
Oh no!! Doesn't this happen to every family at least once? I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better, though. Chloe is obsessed with scissors- she can shred a piece of paper in 30 seconds flat- and I am SHOCKED that she has not tried to cut her hair yet. (Shocked and luckily). Slip her some of your prenatal vitamins and maybe it will grow back in quickly. Bummer!!
I just looked at the picture again and it doesn't look bad! She might be prepping herself for a future career, but for as much hair as there was on the floor and in the scissors, you can't really even tell on her. It blends in and adds some nice texture and a nice framing to her face. (It could have been worse, right?)
some of us just can't resist taking matters into our own hands!
I think that this must be a right of passage for children. They all take a chunk out of their hair at one point or another. Last October Alexandra tried cutting some bangs. She wanted to be like the Molly American Girl Doll.
Oh, man! It's only ever a matter of time. I denied it forever, until Emily did just that a few months ago. Only she used kid safety scissors.
I think she could look really cute with some bangs. Did KC cry, like Dad?
I could hardly tell in the picture where it got cut. Good luck!
not to be redundant, but it actually does look like a cute little layer. it's a good think it wasn't clear up to her scalp :).
Congrats on your sweet new arrival, I didn't realize she was coming so soon. :) She is beautiful and you look fabulous!
Hello! So good to check out your blog! Your kids are so sweet!!! How exciting to have a new baby! They are so fun! Take care!!
Post a Comment