Monday, October 5, 2009

october

Last week September turned into October.
Sam started the week by jumping on the couch at Nana's and knocking something off the bookshelf. He screamed, I ran, and he said, "some-ting felled right out of the sky on my eye!"
It swelled, bled and turned into a black eye.
For family night, we made and devoured caramel apples.
On Tuesday, Evelyn had a fever.
It raged and raged until it hit 103 + (even with Tylenol)
She was a very sick little girl.

On Wednesday, Sam was playing in the playland at McDonald's. I heard hysterical crying and went running. He came out crying and shaking with pain. I looked at him and realized he had broken his nose. We called the Dr.


On Thursday Evelyn saw the Dr.
He said "one of the flu's-H1N1 or influenza A)
She spent much of the week either sleeping ...
or crying.


We ended the week on a high note--

watching General Conference and the harvesting of our gigantic pumpkin!


p.s. this week Evelyn's fever is gone and she is slowly returning to full health.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry Megan. What a week! I couldn't help but think of the story of Chicken Little when Sam mentioned something falling out of the ceiling. No H1N1 here yet, but I figure it's just a matter of time.

Ben and Alissa said...

Megan I'm so sorry for the week you've been through! Worrying about your kids so much! I'm glad that Evelyn is doing better, that picture of her crying is so sad! Hope things get better for everyone.

Stacia said...

Glad the kids are feeling better. I went to urgent care last weekend and they were talking about all the people with high fevers that had H1N1.

That pumpkin is huge, did you start it from seed? My pumpkin is tiny compared to yours!