Thursday, October 29, 2009

a treat


This month of October has our minds tuned to treats.

Chocolate, skittles, tootsie-pops gathered in a bag.


Last October brought the best Halloween treat I have ever had.

My little Evelyn.


On this day last year, I went into labor. Many hours later, an hour before midnight, she came into my view.


I was due Nov. 6 but I told my father in law, Jerry, that I would use my motherly influence to get this baby here on his day.

I did. She came.

They share a birthday, 78 years apart, yet still the same. Grandpa's little birthday girl.

Happy Birthday to our treat of a girl.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy birthday Evie!!! (and Jerry) She has grown so much!

Ben and Alissa said...

Happy Birthday cute, little girl!

Ben and Carrie said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Evelyn. What a beautiful little girl she is. Hope her day was great!