Monday, April 6, 2009

comedy of errors

This morning started out with good intentions. I was going to start my new week of with a bang! The sun has been energizing me and boosting me up to good intentions, which I have been lacking recently.
The plan included exercise, a good healthy breakfast, a shower and blow dry(a big deal, I know), mopping the floor and organizing the general chaos that resided at our house after a busy weekend.
It is not to be, or so it seems.
First, the kids screamed at each other until Evelyn woke up--which makes it harder to get a good work out done.
Then, once everyone was happily settled, I put a workout DVD in the machine and it WOULDN'T WORK! I tried cleaning it, unplugging it, moving stuff off the top--to no avail.
I began thinking I would just skip today and start tomorrow but I can't. I'm trying to be dedicated.
I figured I would pop my i-pod into my ears and work out on my own in the living room while the kids played in the family room.
I picked up a fussy Evelyn to give her a little milk and keep her happy for my 30 min. workout. She finished up and I was holding her up and talking to her.
She made a funny face and the SPLAT, what appeared to be a gallon of milk came right back at me.
I am now soaking, hungry and already tired.
I haven't worked out...
But I am headed for the shower because I stink, and it's not the stink of a good workout either, it's sour milk.

p.s. maybe after the housecleaning we can go for a walk, does that count?

7 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

Oh my gosh, what a morning!!! I probably would have thought this was humorous before I had Katie, but now that I have a baby and have had the same experiences you had this morning it just cracked me up!! I hope your day goes better!

TaylorClan said...

At least you didn't cry over Evelyn's "spilled milk" I think a walk counts because if it doesn't, I would never get a workout in-ever:)

Rachael said...

I would have given up when the DVD didn't work. Congratulations for your continued efforts! I'm very impressed. And it sounds like Evelyn was just doing her part to ensure that you all got to go outside and enjoy the good weather ;)

Brenda said...

Some things are just not meant to be! It is a BEAUTIFUL day for a walk.....See it all worked out perfectly.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'd much rather do some outdoor excercise, especially in this gorgeous weather we're having.
Have a great day Megan.

A Real Kansas Momma said...

Walking is the only exercise I get, lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one to have days like that!

Amy said...

Holy cow what a frustrating morning! A walk totally counts!