Wednesday, August 4, 2010

us

kcw + mkw = 4 ever
I chose this man eight years ago.
Knowing, that after looking high and low, he was the one for me.
A great catch.
Little did I know how great...
This past couple of months have been puke-y ones for me.
I haven't done dishes or dinner or toilets or much.
My better half goes to work at 5-something in the morning,
works hard all day and then comes home.
He has been greeted by needy kids, messy house and whiny wife.
With a smile he loves the kids and play
cooks dinner
does dishes
etc.
One night I lay in my bed most of the night,
trying not to wiggle too much and keep my saltines down.
I felt guilty as I listened to the sounds below...
dinner made, eaten, dishes done
kids bathed, diapered, read to and in bed.
Soon,
this man of mine,
came and sat at the foot of the bed and picked up my feet.
He began to rub,
and then he said,
"Thank you, for doing this,
for being sick to grow our baby
and have our family."
And, my love for him grew and grew,
and I knew even more than I did then,
I made an amazing catch.


2 comments:

Sara said...

Truly the best.... happy times. Wonderful photo of the two of you.

Heather said...

So sweet... good luck.