Sam, at age 17 months, still lets his mother choose his clothing. Though he resists my efforts to actually put the clothes on him, once they are on he is good with whatever I choose.
Stella, showing her independece of being almost 4, has decided recently that she will choose her own clothing in the morning. We are very proud of her for being able to dress herself from head to toe, usually going in the right directions too, but-
I'll let the pictures tell the rest. . .

Please see picture below to see the final touches of getting dressed!
Note: her shoes on the wrong feet, "but they feel FINE!" and Sam is wearing big boy shoes now!
6 comments:
So cute, i love the shoes on the wrong feet!
Sara
Love the pictures of the kids.
Kaiya is wanting to pick out her own clothes too. We have some similar outfit choices at our house, complete with the shoes on the wrong feet.
At least she wants to wear clothes... imagine if she didn't!
Ben
I love the pics. Sam is so big now. I have a 10 year old that I still have to walk through the steps of picking clothes out, there's something to be said for independence.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one that struggles with a 3 year old that wants to dress herself. It is nice that they can do it alone, but interesting (and sometimes frustrating) to see what they come up with. Chloe rarely wants to wear the cute stuff that I was so excited to buy- 9 times out of 10 she goes straight for the plain jeans and a plain t-shirt. Enjoy Sam still not caring! It's so fun to dress them.
Carrie
adorable! sam's shoes make him look like a big boy! ms. ellie seems to prefer her "comfy" pants and dislikes jeans at the moment. she also prefers her converse to other cute winter shoes. i am afraid that she has clothing taste similar to her father.
Post a Comment