Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Who's a Chocolate Lover?

If asked what my favorite food is, I can easily reply, "Chocolate!" My dad always said that I could smell chocolate being opened from anywhere in the house. He could no sooner pull apart the plastic on a bag of Chocolate M&Ms before I would be right there, asking for a few (or more).

Well, I am here to tell you that the skill has been passed on to my children. Which is not in my best interest, because it is very DIFFICULT to sneek in an afternoon dose of my favorite treat! I start digging through the shelves for something chocolatey and delicious . . .and then hear the pitter-patter of little feet.

When I open the refigerator door to get something, Sam comes running. By the time I take my items to the counter and turn back to the fridge, this is what I see. . .

He has taken his usual seat and has chocolate syrup in hand (and mouth). We even find him "doubling" sometimes, with a bottle of syrup in each hand--talent!


Other times, we find two chocolate lovers at work!






We enjoy chocolate treats at our house. . .what do you enjoy?

8 comments:

Van said...

"I'll take my chocolate straight up, please!"
Now I can finally see the chocolateers at work!

::lindsay said...

I am a chocolate lover myself. My real weakness is ice cream though, especially ice cream that has chocolate in it. I usually have a bowl every night after the kids go to bed because I don't like to share.

Heather said...

Those pictures are great.... I love chocolate too.

Sara said...

Megan,
Who doesn't enjoy a delicious chocolate treat. I love putting the boys down for a nap and getting my daily fix of chocolate. I am totally addicted to "Skinny Cow Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches" they are only 120 calories and amazingly yummy. Now if I could only eat one I would be in good shape.
Sara

Ben and Carrie said...

Scotcharoooooos! Enough said. It's always fun at your house- we make lots of chocolate treats! I've eaten so much chocolate since Mitch was born that I, no doubt, make pure chocolate milk. Your addiction has passed on to your kids, and mine to my kids.

TaylorClan said...

The treat for me hands down in No Bakes, as soon as William can have peanut butter I will share-but not a moment sooner. besides aren't they a little bit healthy with the oatmeal? Cute pictures, if I was there I would sit by them on the floor and ask for my own bottle.

Megan said...

It's decided, I need to have a chocolate party at my house! Schotcharooooos and no-bakes, i think since they both have peanut butter, they must be healthy!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Those pics are adorable!! Chocolate is a big hit at our house. I can have a huge treat, but unless it's chocolaty I'm not satisfied. Lindor balls are one of my chocolate weaknesses.