Thursday, June 5, 2008

Choices

In the mornings I pick an outfit for this sweet girl to start the day in (she usually goes through several by the end of the day)and she gets herself dressed. The other morning I put out some white, denim capris and a shirt and I left her to get dressed. When I came back I found her crying on the floor while holding those white capris.
She said, "Mom, these white pants are super cute with the pink flower on them, but I just want SOFT pants."
Let me clarify a little bit. Shorts and pants such as those above are considered "SOFT" pants. Anything knit, velour, stretchy and with an elastic waistband are acceptable bottoms to be worn by miss Stella.
Pants or shorts such as those shown above are considered "HARD" pants. Anything snug, denim, snapping, zipping, and without elastic are not enjoyed by miss Stella. She discards the hard pants every time. No matter the cuteness or details, they just aren't comfy.

Now, I myself, am not one who enjoys tight or squeezy pants either. In my current, almost 19 weeks pregnant, state I find myself not fitting into my "hard" pants either.

So, I find myself saying to Stella, "I know sister, I KNOW, let's go find us some SOFT pants!"

Three cheers for ELASTIC!!!

6 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

This is so, so funny because I had a little girl that felt the exact same way. I don't blame Stella at all, bring on the stretchy.

Shayla said...

My girls have both gone through this stage. Kenzie probably always will, but stretchy denim seems to help it not feel so "hard". I totally get it, my "hard" pants only stay on as long as they have to...the rest of the time it's yoga and sweat pants all the way!

TaylorClan said...

Amen! The more stretch the better!

Sara said...

"Soft" and "Hard" pants are a perfect definition of a wardrobe Go stella, for picking out what is most comfortable.

Van said...

All pants should be "soft", even if they look "hard"!

Danena said...

Go Stella!!