Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm turning into. . .

Stella has been very excited lately to notice that when her hair is wet, it is getting "super" long. She is infatuated with the idea of having long hair like so and so --and she names off her many friends with long beautiful hair. Unfortunately, her hair has always been so fine and blonde that I have always kept it shorter to make it appear thicker.


Well, she informed me recently that she is growing her hair long! We'll give it a try.


Today she said, "Mom, pretty soon I will turn into Chloe!"

I, not understanding, said "What do you mean?"

Stella replied, "Well, my hair is getting longer and so I will turn into Chloe!"




Chloe is her closest cousin, who has beautiful, curly, LONG, red hair. Which, apparently, Stella has been coveting!


So, here's to hoping Miss Stella has great hair growth and her mother can stay away from the scissors long enough for her hair to finally get LONGER!


9 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

I think long hair reminds little girls of princesses, and who doesn't want to look like a princess.

Heather said...

Wow, I think I'd like to turn into Chloe too! Good luck with the scissor vacation.

TaylorClan said...

I love Stella's cute short hair. It is amazing to think that we learn to want what others have so early. I guess it's like me wanting to have "golden" hair like Cinderella instead of bright red hair:)

Ben and Carrie said...

That is so funny and we are so flattered that Stella wants to turn into Chloe! Oh how the tables have turned...... we always coveted Stella's hair, as it took Chloe 2 1/2 years to even have any hair long enough to pull up. I remember always thinking it wasn't fair how much hair Stella always had and how beautiful it was ( and still is). She is such a beautiful blonde and we love Stella's hair short or long, but we will be cheering for her to reach her goal of long hair! She's a beautiful princess, even if she is bald (wouldn't that be nice, somedays? No hair to style?)

Tell Stella that Aunt Carrie can't wait to play with her hair and I'll do her hair any way she wants when it's long!

I read this post to Chloe and she wants to tell Stella, "I love you the most and I hope that your hair looks long."

We hope that it looks and gets long too, for Stella's happiness!

Sara said...

I love that little girls know the beauty of long hair and that they can have hair envy at such a young age. I however think girls with short haircuts are so adorable. :)
I love the new style of your blog, share where you found it please.

Van said...

Both of my little girls are adorable no matter what!

Brenda said...

will you email me at kbmurray5@charter.net so I can email you pics of the kids!

the landreths said...

What a doll! I love Stella's blonde hair. One day she'll appreciate it :)

Lisa Christine said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and through Heather's.

This reminded me of my 3 year od daughter. She has very thin (yet curly) hair. It's best kept short, but she wants it long to be like her big sister. Yesterday she asked for braids (to be like her big sister). I managed to get two TINY braids to hold. Needless to say, she was happy.