We were in Stella's room for a few minutes when we noticed Sam had gone somewhere.
Stella ran to look and came back saying, "Mom, it's NOT good."
This is how I found him in my bathroom, with my make-up and such. My deodorant is covered with lipstick, my make-up brush is unidentifyable, my tile and grout pink etc. The lipstick tube was empty. (the good news is that I don't need to dejunk my makeup drawer--my kids are doing it for me)
This is Sam's sad face when I took the lipstick tube away and tried to clean the lipstick out of his eyes.A short while later, while in the shower, Stella came in and said, "Guess where Sam is now?"
This is where I found him, crying because he was stuck.
By the time I dried off and got dressed, he was located on top of the counter, trying to sneak "Canny" out of the cupboard.
This is Sam's happy face when he was successful and showing off his loot.All of this happened before 9 am!
We had a few errands to run and we loaded up and headed out. We hit about 4 stores in 3 hours, in and out of the car and scooting around in a cart. I might have had more luck training a pack of wild monkeys than I had while trying to shop with my two kids.
I finally headed home, feeling like I had run a marathon, with only half of the items I needed and a bag of stuff I never intended to get. I was making crazy promises to myself about NEVER shopping with these two again and swearing off shopping altogether. I pulled into the driveway and turned around to see this.. .

One sleeping Sam and one sleeping Stella. Then I remembered just how CUTE and SWEET they can be. . .(and they had good naps, which was payback for a hard morning)
8 comments:
I totally relate! Don't you love it when they fall asleep in the car, until you have to get them out of the car, inside and upstairs to bed, all while praying they stay asleep! When it works out it is GREAT! Too bad about the lipstick, it looks like a nice shade, just not on Sam!
oh megan. cry, laugh, cry, laugh...this is how our days have been too. however, my two little ones seem to be better behaved when we are on the go. when we stay home for too long, trouble and unhappiness occurs. stella and sam look exhausted...shopping wipes them out :)
Brings back a lot of memories. I think doing a maneuver like Sammy is to get candy is how Meredith broke her little toe. They sure packed a lot into one day! You deserve a medal for surviving.
I think that I forget every time how busy little one year old are. It's like, follow them around and clean up after everthing they touch. I love the sleeping pictures. Did you get them into the house without waking?
I really think we should move in together. That way, we can both have company at the crack of dawn when our children wake up, and they can all keep each other company as they cause mischief! What do you think?
Some days I am just happy I've kept William alive for another day! It really is a miracle over and over.
Those are the best mornings when things are just completely crazy and you need them to nap and poof they just do it.
Thanks for sharing. It makes my life feel slightly normal if other people are going through the same thing.
Post a Comment