Monday, June 2, 2008

Good Ole' Summertime

Stella and Sam are loving every minute of this warmer weather. From the moment they come down the stairs in the morning until the time when I finally wrangle them into bed at night, they want to be OUTSIDE! This is O.K. by me. They run, jump, make ponds, cook "mud dinners", terrorize the dog, swim, run throught the sprinkler, dig in the rocks, dig up our garden etc.

The end result is happy kids, cleaner house and GOOD sleep at night. We have unfortunately also had a few sunburns, some scraped knees, and a lot of muddy clothes (oh well).

Yesterday morning I went out to check on the kids playing and this is what I saw.

Sam had decided that his clothes were a bother and you really CAN enjoy the sun better in your natural state (right?)

The best part was that they continued to play and cook their "mud dinner" as though this was completely normal.

Ahhh, to be young and free!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Ahhhh, summer... Don't you just love it! Especially the clean house part and the good sleep.

Shayla said...

Oh my, those pictures are hilarious. I wish my kids would spend that much time outside!

Kate said...

those are some of the funniest and cutest pictures ever! boy do I love summer!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love the white bum.

Isn't this weather so enjoyable. I think it's perfect work outside weather right now. Unfortunately, I'm not getting enough done.

By the way, you have the cutest baby bump ever.

Stacia said...

Too cute! Boys are so free like that! I noticed Stella's sunburn on Sunday. And her dress straps were perfectly placed, not touching the sunburn! It's sweet to hear they play so well outside!

Sara said...

To cute I love the naked bum.

Van said...

Yeah for playtime! And isn't it wounderful that Sam and Stella KNOW how to play?

Ben and Carrie said...

That's how I enjoy playing outside too..... it really does feel better that way. Better able to enjoy a nice breeze or the warmth of the sun... :)

Glad you're enjoying nicer weather and even better to know that you're kids love the outdoors! I think it runs in the family.

Natasha said...

Those two would fit in migh-ty fine around here. Isn't it great when they discover to play together?

Marissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love that picture! Maybe I'm gonna have to stage some pics of my kids in their "nudist camp" outside. so cute!

l.a.c. said...

great times for these two. how wonderful for you! after reading today's post i see that the rain and being cooped up makes for sad days, and when they can play outside and be "free" it is a good day!

TaylorClan said...

outside is best bo question, it is raining here today and all I can do is wish to be outside!